Zec 4:10 Who [with reason] despises the day of small things (beginnings)?
A lot of us would be convinced and believe that there is this great potential inside of us if only someone else would recognize it and point it out in us. But there’s a valuable truth about potential, and that is, if you’ve really got it and the time comes when God is ready to reveal you then you won’t have to jump up and down and point to it and say pick me. God will point to you! And people will suddenly take notice and others will seek you out and you won’t even have to market yourself!
David wasn’t auditioning to be the King of Israel. David was content to take care of the family pets on the backside of a mountain all by himself and to be a delivery boy for his dad.
And while all his brothers were receiving the affections of his dad and getting the accolades, David was being developed by God in private and not even realizing all along that when he was on his way to deliver a pizza to his brothers, a task that seemed soo meaningless, God was preparing King Saul to be able to identify the greatness and the potential inside of David!
If you will serve and do so faithfully, God will give you increase.
Luke 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much.
If you will serve faithfully and be able to do it with a right heart and a right attitude, God will bring promotion!
Excellence is not a season or a stage of development, it’s a spirit.
If you’re not completely committed to where you are, and you’re using the position you’ve been given as a platform to something greater, then you are robbing your leader of their investment and robbing yourself of the process of development that is necessary to go where God is wanting to take you.
When you can commit genuinely and authentically, is when you become valuable to others.
- You cannot have relationship without reciprocity.
- I would hate to live and die and wonder what could have happened if I had ever committed myself to something.
- You’ve always been casual and never been committed.
- You’re into everything and committed to nothing.
- You want to get something that you aren’t willing to give.
- You’ve never seen what you could be if you threw your whole self at your dream.
- You’ll never achieve the apex of what a real relationship could be without reciprocity.
- Some of the most casual people are the most talented. Because talented people will sit on their talent and use it as a camouflage to cover for their lack of commitment.
- I take my commitment too seriously to throw it around too loosely.
God is a God of power and a God of excellence.
- Excellence doesn't happen by mistake.
- No one has ever been successful on accident.
- Michael Jordan never threw his uniform out on the court and took the night off.
- Joe DiMaggio, "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best."
- You already have in your inventory everything you need to be a great success. The key is to identify what you have and give yourself to it.
- Bo Jackson, "God gave me an arm like a rifle. He gave me the ability to run like a deer. With all that God has given me, it would be impossible not to be successful at something."