Thirty years ago Darwin Benjamin took a stand for Jesus. Sixteen years later, because of Darwin's faithfulness to the call of God and the bold stance he had taken, Dean Johnson was able to stand. Everyday people are watching those of us who choose to call ourselves followers of Christ and are coming to conclusions about who Jesus is based on the daily encounters they are having with us. Paul said we are living epistles seen and read by men. When people encounter you are they coming closer to or further from Jesus?
Who's waiting on you to take a bold stand for Jesus so that they can stand up themselves?
Zec 4:10 Who [with reason] despises the day of small things (beginnings)?
A lot of us would be convinced and believe that there is this great potential inside of us if only someone else would recognize it and point it out in us. But there’s a valuable truth about potential, and that is, if you’ve really got it and the time comes when God is ready to reveal you then you won’t have to jump up and down and point to it and say pick me. God will point to you! And people will suddenly take notice and others will seek you out and you won’t even have to market yourself!
David wasn’t auditioning to be the King of Israel. David was content to take care of the family pets on the backside of a mountain all by himself and to be a delivery boy for his dad.
And while all his brothers were receiving the affections of his dad and getting the accolades, David was being developed by God in private and not even realizing all along that when he was on his way to deliver a pizza to his brothers, a task that seemed soo meaningless, God was preparing King Saul to be able to identify the greatness and the potential inside of David!
If you will serve and do so faithfully, God will give you increase.
Luke 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much.
If you will serve faithfully and be able to do it with a right heart and a right attitude, God will bring promotion!
Excellence is not a season or a stage of development, it’s a spirit.
If you’re not completely committed to where you are, and you’re using the position you’ve been given as a platform to something greater, then you are robbing your leader of their investment and robbing yourself of the process of development that is necessary to go where God is wanting to take you.
When you can commit genuinely and authentically, is when you become valuable to others.
- You cannot have relationship without reciprocity.
- I would hate to live and die and wonder what could have happened if I had ever committed myself to something.
- You’ve always been casual and never been committed.
- You’re into everything and committed to nothing.
- You want to get something that you aren’t willing to give.
- You’ve never seen what you could be if you threw your whole self at your dream.
- You’ll never achieve the apex of what a real relationship could be without reciprocity.
- Some of the most casual people are the most talented. Because talented people will sit on their talent and use it as a camouflage to cover for their lack of commitment.
- I take my commitment too seriously to throw it around too loosely.
God is a God of power and a God of excellence.
- Excellence doesn't happen by mistake.
- No one has ever been successful on accident.
- Michael Jordan never threw his uniform out on the court and took the night off.
- Joe DiMaggio, "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first or last time, I owe him my best."
- You already have in your inventory everything you need to be a great success. The key is to identify what you have and give yourself to it.
- Bo Jackson, "God gave me an arm like a rifle. He gave me the ability to run like a deer. With all that God has given me, it would be impossible not to be successful at something."
The latest information from Victory 4 Youth and Uncommon ...
If we were to strip Christianty down to its bare bones, to the most simple, uncomplicated place we could take it to, Christianity would come down to simply one word, obedience.
One word separates Heaven from hell- Obedience.
What is obedience?
Obedience is the scale upon which God weighs our love.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
The price of obedience may be pain, but the promise of obedience is prosperity.
Obedience allows us to hold God accountable to His promises.
Vision + Obedience thru Faith is the equation for my Reality as a believer!
Your average Christian today doesn’t want to endure the tough times that obedience to God’s Word requires us to go thru.
So what we do is we make sacrifices in place of our obedience. The reason we do this is because sacrifices are temporary inconveniences that allow us to give the impression of Godliness thru our good deeds. Sacrifices have nothing to do with our fruit and they provide an environment for us to continue living wrong because sacrifices don’t put a demand on us for repentance. So we do our good deeds and justify our lifestyle by rationalizing how “good” we are.
Rationalization is allowing our mind to find excuses to do the things my spirit knows are wrong.
People will be offended by your obedience! People will not understand decisions the Lord is prompting you to make and they will become frustrated and agitated by you. Sometimes those people will not be content to disagree with your choices, they will rise up against you and wage an all out assault on you.
If we are concerned about having the acceptance or approval of others we will never go where God created us to go. Obedience will take you places that don’t make sense.
Without Christ and obedience to Him, your life will always be like a broken cistern unable to be filled regardless of what you pour in.
Obedience doesn’t always lead to good experiences but it promises a good outcome. I’ve never experienced stepping into an area of Gods will and not been fully amazed by how much greater His plans are than my own.
Extravagant obedience brings extravagant blessings!! #IamUncommon